Q.Why Study in Australia ?

Choosing to come to Australia to study will provide you with a whole new view of the world and wonderful opportunities and experiences. The following reasons has been cited by students who chose Australia as their study destination :
  • Dynamic and progressive education programs with a reputation for excellence
  • Globally recognized courses and qualifications
  • Australia has the third highest number of international students in the world behind only the United Kingdom and the United States
  • Cheaper study and living expenses compared to many other countries
  • Post qualification work & settlement options are better than other countries
  • Students are allowed to work while studying
  • Vibrant and appealing multicultural cities

Q.What is the structure of Australian Education ?

School This is for students who wish to study at primary or high school and approved secondary school exchange programs. The students can be enrolled at Private or Public schools starting from year 1 to year 12. One parent or guardian can accompany the student or a guardian will be assigned to them by the school.   Vocational Vocational institutions include skill-based courses which are closely linked to selected industries and give students practical skills and industry experience. Courses are provided at both government-funded Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutes and private institutions. Many vocational institutes have links and agreements with universities. Through these links, universities may offer up to one year of advanced standing into a Bachelor degree as well as guaranteed entry into your course when you achieve the required grades at your vocational institution. Many of the courses provide advanced standing into university degrees.   University University is the highest level of study in Australia. Study can be undertaken at an undergraduate level (Bachelor Degree) and/or a postgraduate level (Graduate Certificate, Diploma, Masters, and PhD).   English Language  There is approximately 100 private English language centres in Australia. Courses in English can be taken for a variety of reasons including study, travel, immigration or business purposes. English courses can also be undertaken at some universities and TAFE institutions.   Australian Academic Year The Australian academic year begins in early February for school students and late February/early March for vocational and university students. Most schools have three or four terms a year. Unlike the school system, universities and vocational institutes have two semesters with exams held at the end of each semester in June and November, followed by a two-to-four-week break. The long summer holiday break is from November to March.

Q. How do Australian Universities Rank in the world ?

All Australian Universities are government funded and are AVCC members. The ratings for all universities have been released by Department Government of Australia. Australian University Ranking according to Australian Education Network
University* Aus Rank (World Rank)
University of Melbourne 1 (44)
Australian National University (ANU) 2 (74)
University of Queensland 3 (85)
University of Western Australia (UWA) 4 (88)
Monash University 5-7 (101-150)
University of New South Wales (UNSW) 5-7 (101-150)
University of Sydney 5-7 (101-150)
University of Adelaide 8 (151-200)
Macquarie University 9 (201-300)
Curtin University 10-18 (301-400)
Flinders University 10-18 (301-400)
Griffith University 10-18 (301-400)
James Cook University 10-18 (301-400)
Swinburne University of Technology 10-18 (301-400)
University of Newcastle 10-18 (301-400)
University of Tasmania 10-18 (301-400)
University of Technology, Sydney 10-18 (301-400)
University of Wollongong 10-18 (301-400)
Deakin University 19 (401-500)

Q.What is the cost of education in Australia ?

The costs of studying in Australia depend on the institution and the level of study you choose. As an international student, your tuition fees are payable before you study. You can use the Course Search on this website to find courses and see details such as their tuition fees. There may be additional costs for your course, including course materials and access to institution facilities. The list below gives you an indication of the range of course costs for different types of qualifications. (Updated 214 by Australia government http://www.studyinaustralia.gov.au/global/australian-education/education-costs)
  • School - $7,800 to $30,000
  • English language studies - Around $300 per week depending on course length
  • Vocational Education and Training (Certificates I to IV, Diploma and Advanced Diploma) - $4,000 to $22,000
  • Undergraduate Bachelor Degree - $15,000 to $33,000*
  • Postgraduate Master’s Degree - $20,000 to $37,000*
  • Doctoral Degree - $14,000 to $37,000*
  Note: This does not include high value courses such as veterinary and medical. Please visit institution websites directly to see costs for these courses.

Q. How much is the visa charges ?

The visa application charge is the amount of money in Australian dollars (AUD) that must be paid for a visa application. Student visa application charge varies depending on several factors sucah as whether you are in Australia or outside Australia at the time of application. Currently for student applying from outside Australia, visa application charge  payable to Australian Government is $535.  There are additional visa application charge if you want to include your partner  or child in the application.   For those students who are already in Australia, the visa application fee is $ 535 and  there may be additional charge of $ 700 if it is you are applying for second visa in Australia.  Our staff from Next Link Education Services will be able to advise you accordingly,  to make sure that you are paying the correct visa charge.

Q. How long does it take to approve student visa application ?

The tables below detail the processing time service standards for visas to study  in Australia.   student processing time

Q. How much fund/deposit to show in order to apply for student visa in Australia ?

International students are required to demonstrate and/or declare that they have genuine access to sufficient funds to be granted a Student visa. Applicants may have to demonstrate sufficient funds to cover these expenses for the first one or two years in Australia, depending on their assessment level. See: Student Visa Assessment Levels (http://www.immi.gov.au/Study/Pages/student-visa-assessment-levels.aspx)   This helps to ensure students are better able to make the most of their studies and have a safe and enjoyable experience in Australia. Funds should be sufficient to contribute to the cost of travel, tuition, school costs of any dependents, and living costs.  


Expenses Per Person Amount required in AUD
Travel Applicant Return air fare to Australia
Family members One return air fare to Australia per person
Tuition Applicant Course fees
School-age children aged 5-18 AUD8000 per year
Living Applicant AUD18 610 per year
Partner AUD6515 per year
First child AUD3720 per year
Each other child AUD2790 per year
Decisions Makers will consider a range of factors in determining whether funds demonstrated or declared will be genuinely available to contribute to the cost of studying and living in Australia. These factors may include:
  • The applicant’s previous financial and immigration history
  • The employment history of the applicant or the person providing them with financial support
  • The source of the income used ( such as cash assets or a bank loan)
Where there is doubt about an applicant's ability to access their claimed funds in Australia, the applicant may be requested to provide further information.      Applicants relying on a bank loan may need to show that these funds have been deposited into a bank account to which they have unrestricted access, and that they have the financial capacity to service the loan both before they depart for Australia and once they arrive.       Example: If a family of 3 from Indonesia – Husband + Wife+ Child (Age of 5), the husband plans to study Diploma of Hospitality ; the amount of funds that required as evidence:   12 Months of prove  Travel Applicant Return Air Fare to Australia: $ 1000 Family Member Return Air Fare to Australia: $ 1000 (Adult) + $ 800 (Children) Tuition Applicant Course Fee: $ 18,450 School Aged Children Age 5: $ 8,000 Living Applicant:  $ 18,610 Partner: $ 6,515 First Child: $ 3,720 Total Amount: $ 58,095 (Approx.) 

Q.What is the English Language requirements to study in Australia ?

In some cases, you may need to provide results of an English language test. English Language Competency requirements varies depending on your Country's  Assessment Level. Be aware that the English language skill level required by an institution can be different from the level of skill required for your student visa application. Our Staff and Next Link Education Services will advise you on this issue to make sure that you are well prepared with the English requirements.

Q. If I am married can my family accompany me ?

Yes, your family can accompany you to Australia but additional funds for the family (education and living expenses) need to be shown.

Q. What is guardian visa ?

The Student Guardian visa (subclass 580) is a temporary visa for a person who needs to come to Australia to provide care and support for:
  • A student visa holder who is younger than 18 years of age
  • A student visa holder who is older than 18 years of age and who needs such care and support due to exceptional circumstances.
You can apply in or outside Australia by post or in person. You cannot apply online. There can only be one Student Guardian visa holder at any given time in respect of a particular student visa holder (except in certain limited circumstances). If you apply in Australia, you must be in Australia to be granted the visa. If you apply outside Australia, you must be outside Australia to be granted the visa.

Q. What are the accommodation options available for student in Australia ?

Once you have confirmed where you will be studying, you can look for accommodation that suits your needs and budget. Some tips when searching for accommodation include:
  • The costs will vary depending on your chosen state, city, and type of accommodation.
  • Always confirm the total cost and any other expenses you may be required to pay, such as a bond and utility fees.
  • Consider how far it is from your campus and whether it is easily accessible by public transport, such as bus or train.
  • Find out what shopping centers, hospitals and emergency service facilities, and other amenities are nearby.

Short-term accommodation

Short-term accommodation options you might want to consider when you first arrive in Australia include:
  • Hostels and discounted rates on hotels.
  • Temporary housing which may be offered through your institution while you get settled. Talk to your institution's international support staff or check their website for details.


You can rent or 'lease' a property by yourself or with friends. This can be done through a real estate agent or privately. When renting a property you will need to pay a security deposit or 'bond' (which is usually four weeks rent), as well as rent in advance (also usually four weeks). The bond is held to repair any damage that you, your house mates or house guests cause to the property while renting. Some, or all, of this amount may be refunded to you once your tenancy agreement has terminated. For more information on your rights and obligations when renting in Australia you should visit the relevant government Fair Trading agency in your state/territory.

On Campus

Campus living can be a great option to minimise travel. Most universities have comfortable and furnished apartment-style living on campus or close by, sometimes with cleaning and meals included. Contact your institution directly to find out the accommodation options they have available and how the costs compare with organising your own accommodation.


With homestay, you will live with a family in their home. Homestay can be a good option for younger students as you will have all the comforts of an established home, often with meals and cleaning included. Families offering homestay accommodation to international students are thoroughly screened to ensure they can provide a suitable living environment for students.

Q. Can student /student’s parent purchase property in Australia while studying ?

Yes, you may be eligible to buy a property with help from your parents. So the best method of buying a property is for your parents to buy an investment property in Australia in their name and to rent it to you. They would be doing this as an overseas property investor, and they must meet standard Australian bank lending criteria and qualify for FIRB Approval.(http://www.firb.gov.au/content/default.asp) If you are a foreign investor:
  • You need approval from the FIRB.
  • The investment property must be a new property or vacant land to build a new property.
  • You cannot buy an established dwelling as an investment property.
  • They can buy a new property in their name and rent it out to their child that is on a temporary visa.

Q. Can student works in Australia while studying ?

Working while you study in Australia can help complement your study and living experience. There are a number of reasons you might want to undertake part time work while studying in Australia, including assisting with living expenses and gaining work experience in your study area. Most student visas allow you to work for up to 40 hours every two weeks while your course is in session, and unrestricted hours during any scheduled course break, but before you undertake any paid work you need to make sure your visa allows you to work

Q. What is the minimum salary payment ?

The national minimum wage is currently $16.87 per hour Casual employees covered by the national minimum wage also get at least a 25 percent casual loading

Q. Is it easy to find a part time job for student ?

This all depends on your own personal strengths and interests. The main thing is to find a job that is convenient for you — one that is located on or near your campus or in your local area. Popular part-time jobs for students include the following: Retail — any kind of store that sells goods to customers, from clothing to electronics. It could be a small store, a chain of stores or a large department store. Hospitality — employers include cinemas, restaurants, bars, hotels, takeaway food stores and sporting venues. Services — employers include supermarkets, petrol stations, call centers and various businesses requiring administration work. Industry — if you are lucky, you might be able to gain employment that is related to the field you are studying (for example, a media student might be able to work part time assisting at a local television or radio station).

Q. Can we apply for Permanent Residency after completing our study in Australia?

You may be eligible to apply for Permanent Residency (PR) upon completion of your study in Australia. It depends on the course that you study. Australian government has a list of Skilled Occupations ( SOL ) which list all occupations that is eligible for skilled migration. Only occupations listed in the SOL are eligible to be accepted under Independent skilled migration scheme. Australian Immigration regulations are quite complex. We have two in house registered migration agent professionals that can answer your questions related to migrating to Australia.







group logo